Our little ambassador somehow manages to do it again... Within the village there are local craftsman from the region demonstrating some of the crafts of the past, and like we have encountered numerous times already, everyone is enamored with Trevor as his energy and inquiry manage to disarm even the most covered and guarded individuals. A garment maker from Baghdad was so proud to explain how his garments were all hand made from special pure gold and silver thread specially made in Germany and then hand woven into the fabric and of course he took the time in font of a group of about 20 tourists(all squeezed into an 8x8 space) to tie this solid gold thread onto Trevor's wrist! Trevor is officially named the "Golden Child" of Abu Dhabi--And I was named the Sheikh of America because the very kind and hospitable man from Baghdad insisted that I also try on the 3,000 U.S. dollar garment, unfortunately I did not get to keep my gift! Even with all this interesting and profound interaction with the Middle East of old Trevor was probably most intrigued by the local alley cat.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Our little ambassador somehow manages to do it again... Within the village there are local craftsman from the region demonstrating some of the crafts of the past, and like we have encountered numerous times already, everyone is enamored with Trevor as his energy and inquiry manage to disarm even the most covered and guarded individuals. A garment maker from Baghdad was so proud to explain how his garments were all hand made from special pure gold and silver thread specially made in Germany and then hand woven into the fabric and of course he took the time in font of a group of about 20 tourists(all squeezed into an 8x8 space) to tie this solid gold thread onto Trevor's wrist! Trevor is officially named the "Golden Child" of Abu Dhabi--And I was named the Sheikh of America because the very kind and hospitable man from Baghdad insisted that I also try on the 3,000 U.S. dollar garment, unfortunately I did not get to keep my gift! Even with all this interesting and profound interaction with the Middle East of old Trevor was probably most intrigued by the local alley cat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey guys! It was so great to read about your adventures and see all the pics of your new life! It's fun to see more of the fam going international, I love it! Maybe we can try and make it over sometime to visit you guys :)
ReplyDelete