Saturday, July 7, 2012


  Almost every major street in Abu Dhabi are lined with date palm trees.  About two months ago date clusters started to grow and a short time after the workers went and covered each bunch of growing dates with some sort of net.  Not just some of the trees have the nets - ALL OF THEM!  On the highway, small streets, major streets, parking lots - Everywhere!  I was told the dates will be ripe and start to fall off the tree about September.
 This is the lot next to our building.  We are truly living in a construction zone.  Out our window we are watching the neighboring buildings go up.  The other night I looked out the window and there was a line of 20 concrete trucks with more joining the line.  It was a constant line of trucks for most of the tight. I feel very fortunate that we are on the 17th floor and up above most of the noise.
Found a great shop in the mall full of wonderful rugs, plates, pictures, lamps and a nice "runway" to keep Trevor busy while we shopped.  I love little kids in overalls but this will probably be the last picture of them.  Potty Training is in full force and overalls are not training friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment