The Corniche... In earlier posts I have mentioned the Corniche but I know the pictures I have posted were not near enough to do it justice. At the very North end of the island toward the gulf is an amazing layout of reclaimed land that affords excellent walking paths and beaches that allow for any type of recreation imaginable. Though it is not so busy during the sunny days, the Corniche comes alive in the warm evenings that are oh so plentiful. As you can see by much of the unfinished skyline there are many projects still coming to fruition over the next several years. The picture above was subject of an article on Yahoo about the 10 greatest architectural hotels built in the past four years. Others have said it before but the construction boon is truly reminiscent of the build up of Las Vegas in the '90's--Each project built just a little bit bigger than the previous in order to one up the competition.
Friday, March 30, 2012
The Corniche... In earlier posts I have mentioned the Corniche but I know the pictures I have posted were not near enough to do it justice. At the very North end of the island toward the gulf is an amazing layout of reclaimed land that affords excellent walking paths and beaches that allow for any type of recreation imaginable. Though it is not so busy during the sunny days, the Corniche comes alive in the warm evenings that are oh so plentiful. As you can see by much of the unfinished skyline there are many projects still coming to fruition over the next several years. The picture above was subject of an article on Yahoo about the 10 greatest architectural hotels built in the past four years. Others have said it before but the construction boon is truly reminiscent of the build up of Las Vegas in the '90's--Each project built just a little bit bigger than the previous in order to one up the competition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment